Date: 1st July 2016
Project: Youth in Action (YIA)
Positions: Project Officer (02 positions)
Duty station: RIDE- AFRICA (KABAROLE DISTRICT)
The Project Officer shall be responsible for the implementation of Youth in Action (YiA) Under Livelihood and Youth Empowerment in Ntoroko district. The Project officer will consult with and report to the Executive Director-RIDE AFRICA and copy to Save the Children Senior Officer on planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities for vulnerable youth as well as compilation of regular reports in line with RIDE AFRICA and Save the Children requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The project officer YiA shall be responsible for:
- In collaboration with Youth in Action implementing partner staff in Kabarole, Kasese, Bundibugyo and Ntoroko supporting the identification, training/learning and transition of youth into livelihoods and agricultural value addition and value chain management
- Facilitating and/or supporting monthly workshops with facilitators
- Supervising weekly and monthly planning at learning/sub counties and provide constructive feedback to facilitators and mentors
- Facilitating weekly or bi-weekly planning sessions with Action Facilitators.
- Maintaining records of site visits, recommendations, and follow-up
- Raising issues related to programme quality (highlights as well as areas of concern) in specific learning and action implementation sites (like Vocational Training Centres, master crafts persons, and schools or employers) or with RIDE AFRICA, Save the Children staff and other Partners
- In collaboration with Save the Children, supporting identification and linkage of youth to labour market and private sector for market and job opportunities.
- Conducting monthly technical support supervision visits and monitoring of YiA learning centers.
- Participating in all project activities at all levels organized by RIDE AFRICA and Save the Children.
- Documenting gaps, best practices, case studies for sharing with SCI.
- Mentor facilitators and master trainers
- Network with local and national private sector potential youth employers and facilitate linkages.
- Work closely with District Community Based Services Department/District Youth Council/District Education Office and other SC projects to ensure linkages.
- Support youth groups in development of business plans/pathways options
RIDE AFRICA Values
- Service above self
- Team work
Academic Background, Experience and Person specifications:
- A minimum of a degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Agribusiness or any other relevant course from a recognized institution with working experience in livelihood youth programming and literacy with a bias in enterprise development and agriculture vocational training.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in youth empowerment and entrepreneurship programming.
- Working experience in planning and research oriented projects.
- Team worker with good interpersonal/communication, documentation, presentation and good facilitation skills.
- Fluency in English and the local language(s) of the project area: Effective interpersonal skills – oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of national and local government policies on youth empowerment/entrepreneurship issues
- Must be computer literate – MS word processing, working with spread sheets (excel), PowerPoint (presentation).
- Policy interpretation and analysis skills.
- A motor cycle riding license.
Applications can be submitted to RIDE AFRICA’s Head Office at: Plot 18 Mugurusi Road, Fort-Portal by close of Business on Friday 8th July 2016.